We're so excited about our upcoming tutorial with Sef McCullough. To celebrate, we're giving away an incredible prize combination that any retoucher/photographer would enjoy owning and using. This giveaway is not sponsored by anyone outside RGG EDU. Here are a few reasons why we chose the prize package above:
The Dell UltraSharp UP2716D:
- Dell UltraSharp displays are professional grade displays. They all carry Dell's 3 year professional warranty and meet a standard that exceeds consumer grade products.
- Sef actually uses two Dell UltraSharp displays for work. Dell UltraSharp displays aren't the best, but they offer some of the best value for the money. They are not quite on the same level as the Eizos or NEC PA line, but they offer comparable features for far less money.
- This particular display covers nearly all the color space standards professionals use, which is rare for a sub $1k display.
- It is not a 10-bit panel, but it supports 10-bit inputs and can do 1.07 billion colors with FRC.
- We opted for QHD over UHD for the 27" size. The difference in resolution is barely discernible and this reduces the need for proper scaling as most operating systems handle QHD perfectly fine.
- This thing packs a lot of features... One thing we highlight is the KVM switch built into the display. This means you can have two computers connected with one set of peripherals. So for office users that also use a laptop, you can have your desktop use the display and switch to your laptop on the fly when you need.
X-Rite i1 Display Pro Calibrator
- This is considered by many the best consumer level calibrator available. Best of all, it's compatible with the newer generation Dell UltraSharp displays and their built-in calibration system.
- This calibrator can test for uniformity. Uniformity is one of the biggest issues with backlit displays. Taking a few backlights to light up millions of pixels evenly is incredibly difficult challenge for many companies. With this calibrator, you can measure the differences across the entire display to see how uniform your display is. Dell UltraSharp displays generally have good uniformity, but on occasion there are cases of customers receiving defective panels in their monitors with uncharacteristically poor uniformity. Extreme cases are covered by Dell and can be swapped under warranty. FYI, even the best displays do not have perfect uniformity. In fact, it's impossible for LCD displays to have perfect uniformity.
- Having accurate color is crucial for delivering the best results to your clients. For web, sRGB is the standard. For photo work, Adobe RGB is king. For Video, REC 709 and DCI-P3 takes the crown as the current standards. The calibrator can do all of the above and the monitor/software can switch color space modes to enable the user to view their jobs correctly.
- It can calibrate nearly everything... this may be limited to the hardware, but the i1 Display Pro can even calibrate projectors. Do note that ambient light is a big factor when calibrating your display. Try to setup your workspace in an area with controlled lighting. If that's not possible, have your calibrator set your displays up for the conditions (multiple presets eg. Bright Room and Dark Room) you work in.
To enter this giveaway, use the app below to submit your entries. Terms and conditions are also below. Good Luck!
*Must watch video below to enter =)
Terms & Conditions:
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Entrants of this Giveaway must be 18 or older to enter. This giveaway is only open to residents that have Amazon localized storefronts: United States, Canada, Australia, Brazil, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, and the United Kingdom. By participating, the entrant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept marketing and decisions of RGG EDU as final and binding as it relate to the content of this giveaway. We will be accepting entries starting the May 17th, 2017 at 12:01am CDT and ending June 18th, 2017 at 11:59pm CDT. The giveaway must be entered by submitting an entry using this online webform. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of RGG EDU. If y use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility. There will be one Winner of this Dell Monitor and X-rite Calibrator giveaway. They will receive one X-Rite i1 Display Pro Calibrator and Dell UP2716D, retail value of $950 US. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for RGG EDU to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be selected by random. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. RGG EDU shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected.